PDA

View Full Version : sending mails only to filtered persons

danovkos
07-01-2009, 02:34 AM
hi all
pls. how can i do folowing?
I have huge wb (about 60 000 rows and 20 columns).
There is an autofilter.
I want to use some filters and after fitering i need to send one email to all filtered persons, whos are on the end of the filtered rows (mostly maximum 20 rows). Only one name is at the end of row. Mail will contains only filtered rows (doesnt matter if it will as atachment in WB or only pasted rows in mails).
I know how i write the code to filtering what i want, and how can i add the names at the end, but i don know, how to continue.
There is no complete adress at the end of rows. And i need following my definition assignt to each name equivalent mail adress and then get all adress together to field „to:“ Maximum it will be 6 persons.
Definition how are assigned name to mail adress:
Daniel get adress dan@domain.com
Dido is dany@domain.com
Johny is john@domain.com
Joey is joe@domain.com

To subject i need add a text „report“, to body i need to add text "Here is a daily report" and prepair to sending.

Thank you for your help.

rbrhodes
07-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Hi d,

I'm interested in helping you but may I suggest you buils a small example of your data and post it here. Include an explanation of what uou want done with the example.

Are you using Outlook as your email program?

danovkos
07-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Here are my fake data
what i need:
- when filter is applied (column F – only yes) add on the end of row (col H) email adress following rules defined in code:
Daniel get adress dan@domain.com
Dido is dany@domain.com
Johny is john@domain.com
Joey is joe@domain.com

After filling email address to column H (only to filtered data) send data as email (outlook 2003) to mail adresses which are in filtered column H. It can be as atachment or copied as copy paste to mail body.

As it is in my example atach. – mail goes only for this 6 filtered rows, but only for 4 person, because some person are repetet.