PDA

View Full Version : VBE on a mac

davidmbecker
04-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Is there a way to get the mac VBE to work the same as it does on a PC where if I type "ActiveCell." I get a drop down of all the possible objects/properties that I can use. I have not been able to find anything on this.

Help.

I just got office 2004 for the mac.

Ken Puls
04-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi David,

Having never used the Mac version, I'm going to throw out a wild guess, hoping it's similar... :)

In the Windwoes version, the setting to do this is in the VBE under Tools|Options. I believe that it's the Auto List Members box. I've attched a pic, as I pretty much check everything on this page. (Dont' know how it will compare to Mac though.)

davidmbecker
04-12-2005, 04:57 PM
I cannot find this on the mac version. I would think by now they would have included it. I did find this interesting article: http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=04822

BlueCactus
04-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I don't believe that Mac VBE has that option unless I've been blind for the last few months (which is entirely possible).

shades
04-14-2005, 09:21 AM
No, it does not. Just like some many areas, MS really crippled the VBA for the Macs.

Zack Barresse
04-14-2005, 10:09 AM
No intellisense on a Mac?? That's amazing. Only MS would try and get away with that (for lack of a better word) crap.

Ken Puls
04-14-2005, 10:18 AM
:eek:

Wow. I can't imagine not having that feature... I (and I'm sure every Windwoes user) uses that feature extensively! Did they at least give you the object browser?

shades
04-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Yes, there is an object browser, which is helpful. But the other feature I use all the time on the Windows side - and on the Mac I feel like a right-handed man using only my left-hand - with half the keyboard gone. :(