PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Add static line to XYScatter graph

Zack Barresse
04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Hello,

I have a file which holds a graph on each sheet. I want to add two horizontal lines on each graph from two values represented on each sheet in L2 and L3. The file is attached. Anybody know how to do this? I don't have a lot of time to research it or I'd find it myself. (I'm a clutz with formatting ChartObjects.)

** Edit: Sorry! Any password in the sheet is "admin", all lowercase. There are 2 routines in the workbook. One is called Password_Add and the other is Password_Remove. Note: These routines will only work with xl2002 and up! (As I'm really the only one to deal with them. It uses sheet protection items only found in these versions.) If you use xl2000 or below, you can unprotect individually or make your own routine, but remember the password is "admin".

Thanks!!

Um, okay, this is solved. LOL! :roflaugh:

A good friend helped me pull my head from my backside.. and I learned a cool trick out of it!!

Fwiw, I pasted the static values in a column next to the charted series (there was only one series being charted) hidden underneath the chart and fonted white (just in case). I then selected this range of cells, copied it, selected the chart and pressed Ctrl + V. And voila! It appeared on my chart! I didn't know you could Copy/Paste to a chart like that. What a nifty tool!!!

Thanks for the thoughts everybody!!! :yes