PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Sort listbox and select with combobox

joanna_gr
04-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Well, it seems that I have most of pieces but still there is something misses to complete my puzzle. Here is the problem! I have a contact list and I want to create various forms with it. Till now I managed to create a form that has a combo box and shows up a name with its details in various textboxes. So far so good. Now I need to add to the form a command button to open a new form but at the same time to sort the range (B1:AO1200 = "names") by column "J" (=Companies). This new form I want to have a combo box and a listbox. The combobox should be populated with company's names (unique entries if possible). The listbox should be populated by range "names". Please notice that the column "J" is 8th on the range. The point is that after the combobox selects a company name all rows at the listbox with the same name are highlighted. And then transfer on the sheet all selections. This is the general idea i have in my mind and I hope it's clear to you. Other suggestions welcome also... :help :help :help

OBP
04-13-2005, 02:17 AM
This would be very simple in Access, is there a special reason for using Excel to do this?

joanna_gr
04-13-2005, 02:30 AM
I know it's simple with Access but I need to do with Excel as most users here are using excel and have no idea how to work with Access. Also Excel has flexibility that access does not, I mean for the work i need to do after building the main file.

OBP
04-13-2005, 04:34 AM
joanna, am I reading this correctly, you want to sort the companies that are in the first form and transfer it to the combo in the second form's combo and the list box has ranges in it. You want to transfer the chosen company in the combo to the range in the list box?

joanna_gr
04-13-2005, 07:30 AM
something like that. If it's easy to be done. Otherwise forget it. I'll try to build something with Access. Excel is so complicated for this job.

please ignore this post. I'll try something else. Thank you