PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps a style sheets question?

justme
04-13-2005, 07:16 AM
My presentations are built around input from many people. A format has been established and they fill in the blanks and send to me for final assembly.

What I would like to do is have the Outline View open in the Shell. The shell will have one slide for each manager. This will tell me where to drop in their presentation. The slide with their name on is the only one I want to be able to read in the Outline view. This makes it easy to see where to insert new slides.

I do have one slide that has lots of information in it, that does not print in the Outline View, but I do not understand why it works the way I want it to. Can anyone help?:dunno

Killian
04-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Hi there

I'm not really clear on what your looking to do.
The easiest way to build a presentation from a number of others is using the "Insert Slides from files" feature in combination with slide sorter view for your main presentation which means you don't have to have all the source files open and you can easily navigate to where you want to be and which slides to insert.
Is this no good?

justme
04-13-2005, 09:06 AM
If you would go to View Normal (restore panes) on the left side of your presentation you will see two tabs. One says Outline and the other says Slides. I want to see the Outline tab. Then in my shell presentation I have one sheet for each person I expect to receive a presentation.

NowI have a list of names:

□Bob
□Joe
□DAn
□Bill
□ETC

I want the template I give them to not put in data in the Outline View. So when Bob sends me his input and I insert slide from file, my outline view looks like
□Bob
□ when nothing is printed here it is easier to pick out the names

□Joe
□DAn
□Bill
□ETC

I was able to force what I wanted by deleted the text boxes in the original slide layout and pasting in the one from the presentation I liked. When I tried to use a new text box, the indent buttons would not work.

Killian
04-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Ahh, no... The outline view displays the contents of "AutoLayout" objects on each slide (the textboxes such as Slide Title and the Text Layout boxes derived from the one on the master). If you change to a normal text box, you won't get the content in Outine view but the textbox will not behave like an AutoLayout (with the Auto bullet format for different indent levels).
I'm afraid that's just the way PowerPoint works.

There is a way of making a textbox behave in a particular way...
You would have to make a PowerPoint AddIn with a Event enabling class.
That way you could use the WindowSelectionChange application event to test if the selection is text, then change the bullet style according to the paragraph's indent level.

There's an KB article here (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=327) about enabling events in PowerPoint and I'd be happy to help steer you through the rest if you decide to take this route.

justme
04-14-2005, 05:36 AM
Killian:

Thanks so much for the advice. I may have to come back to this some time, but for now I am going to run with this temporary fix. I don't know why or how this one sheet is working the way I want it to, but I made the template for each contributor and sent it out. I have to hope for the best now.