PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Place Date stamp on Chart

john3j
07-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Can anyone help me figure out how to put a date stamp on a chart? I have a chart that takes up a whole sheet and I need to be able to put the current date on the sheet. This is an automated sheet that pulls data to populate the charts in the workbook. Each time the worbook is opened, it need to display the current date. I was thinking using the TODAY() Function but there is no place on the chart to enter this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!:dunno

p45cal
07-21-2009, 10:49 AM
From Help:
Link a text box to a worksheet cell
On the chart sheet (chart sheet: A sheet in a workbook that contains only a chart. A chart sheet is beneficial when you want to view a chart or a PivotChart report separately from worksheet data or a PivotTable report.) or in the embedded chart (embedded chart: A chart that is placed on a worksheet rather than on a separate chart sheet. Embedded charts are beneficial when you want to view or print a chart or a PivotChart report with its source data or other information in a worksheet.), click where you want to place the text box in the chart area (chart area: The entire chart and all its elements.).
On the Drawing toolbar, click Text Box. Note This toolbar appears at the bottom of the screen instead of at the top. If the Drawing toolbar is not visible, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Drawing.
In the formula bar (formula bar: A bar at the top of the Excel window that you use to enter or edit values or formulas in cells or charts. Displays the constant value or formula stored in the active cell.), type an equal sign (=).
Select the worksheet cell that contains the data or text that you want to display in the text box on the chart. You can also type the reference to the worksheet cell. Include the sheet name, followed by an exclamation point, for example, Sheet1!F2
Press ENTER.Now you just need to have the formula
=Today()
in the linked cell.

p45cal
07-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Ignore, this, just to see if I can get the tick back which shows I've subscribed to this thread.