PDA

View Full Version : Solved: SubForm Linked Fields

FrymanSMU
07-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm trying to add new records to a subform but the Indexes/Linked fields are creating errors. I'm not sure if I need to pass the uniqueID in code or what but I have searched all afternoon to get nowhere. :dunno : pray2: :dunno

Please help, Thanks,

Rich

hansup
07-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Does setting Link Master Fields to UniqueID and Link Child Fields to TransmittalID do what you want?

I don't know if I understand what is supposed to happen, but based on the relationships you have set up, I'm guessing that's how the link fields should be set.

Good luck,
Hans

FrymanSMU
07-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Sorry I'm retarded, my child and master fields were flipped. Problem sloved.

hansup
07-23-2009, 07:51 AM
my child and master fields were flipped. Problem sloved.That's good news, Rich. Will you mark this thread as solved?

I ran into a snag trying to diagnose your database. Your subform's record source expects a field, "Transmittal_Num", which doesn't exist in your Tbl_MailroomAccts table. It took me a while to realize that didn't actually have any relevance to the problem you were trying to solve. I guess I get distracted too easily. :-)

Hans

FrymanSMU
07-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Hans,

Yeah I know what you mean, I think it is a computer bug that jumps to the user when you have been looking at the screen for too long! We have yet to give the disease a name, any suggestions?

hansup
07-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Hans,

Yeah I know what you mean, I think it is a computer bug that jumps to the user when you have been looking at the screen for too long! We have yet to give the disease a name, any suggestions?Not exactly, Rich. I was thinking the name might reference "forest" and "trees". As in sometimes I can't see one for the other. :dunno

Cheers,
Hans