PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Time Sheet Help!!

j19_2002
07-23-2009, 12:13 PM
I need help finalizing this time sheet for my employees.
They do not have a set schedule so their time in/time out may differ on a day to day basis. Also not all employees are full time, some work 40, other 20 or even 15 hrs per week.

Note: I converted the time to be in increments of .25 for each 15 minutes.

1st Issue:

What I am trying to do is have a time schedule where each employee puts their log in and log out time (which is the part thats already done) and at the end it takes off 30 minutes or .50 from the hrs worked which is the 30 minute lunch they receive. But if nothing is placed in the log in/log out it doesn't take off the 30 minutes so the total hours worked value stays zero instead of being -.50

2nd Issue:
I Want to be able to place "PTO" into the log in or log out time to have it calculate the hours worked for that day without taking out the 30 minutes for lunch. I added a column so that it takes whatever value I put into that column for each name, it uses that value as hours worked for PTO.

I placed an example on the spreadsheet and have attached the actual timesheet I am trying to use.
I know its pretty long but hopefully someone can help me out

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

pingwin77
07-23-2009, 12:18 PM
So what happens if they have PTO for multiple days? Does the number in the PTO column get divided evenly among the days off?

j19_2002
07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
No it would be set for that week as 10 or 4 or whatever I place as the value. For some reason, the way its set up by HR, they cant take half days of PTO, if there working 4 days a week and 10 hrs a day, and need time off, they must take the full 10 of PTO for that day of the week since they have the flexibility to change what time they come in every week. So one week they can work 4 days/10 hrs a day but the next week they can work 5 days/8 hrs a day as long as they complete there time needed for the week.

pingwin77
07-23-2009, 12:37 PM
So the PTO column represents the days worth of PTO? this was if they enter PTO in the Time-In field, the hours will post as the value in the PTO field? And just to make sure I fully understand this, there are no half days of PTO? The values will either be 10 or 8 depending on the 4/5 day work week.?

j19_2002
07-23-2009, 12:46 PM
The PTO column represents the total hours each day they would get that week if they took a day off. So if I put a value of 8 and the person took Monday and Tuesday off, that means they use 8 hrs each day.

And no they dont allow half days of PTO, they would just have to make up the time some other day of the week if they take 2 hrs off or something.

The value for PTO can be anything ranging from 1-12 because we have interns, full time & part time employees so no the 10 or 8 is not a set value.

pingwin77
07-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Try this and see if it works.

1. When you enter the Time-In / Time-Out values, the Hrs. Column shows the time - 0.50 hrs for the lunch break.

2. If you enter "PTO" in the Time-In (only) column, the value from the PTO column will be added to the Hrs. Column.

3. This will allow for the use of any number in the PTO column as well.

Let me know if that works and if not, what changes are needed.

j19_2002
07-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Works PERFECTLY!!!!

Doesnt take a lunch if theres no value entered, recognizes PTO as hrs worked, and still calculates the time in and time out.

Thank YOU SO MUCH!!!

if anything comes up later, I'll be sure to post but don't see that happening!!

pingwin77
07-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm glad I can help. I noticed the second page had a lot of #REF in it. If you need anything with that page let me know as well.

I have had tons of help on these forums and I'm glad I can finally give back to someone. Thanks!

j19_2002
07-23-2009, 01:11 PM
OK. yea, the 2nd page is just taking the totals from the 1st page to make it printer friendly. It's already updated and complete.

Again Thank You!

These forums are the greatest thing I have ever found on the web!

pingwin77
07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Glad to hear it! Go to the top of the thread and under the "Tread tools" drop down, click on the [SOLVED] option so everyone knows the issue is fixed.

Thanks!