PDA

View Full Version : Several Problems-Windows XP, Home Publishing 2000, startup error msg., etc.

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
04-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I won't go in to real, real detail incase this is not the right place to post this. If I need to post it elsewhere please advise.

I need free help, can't aford to pay for it. And, I'm a real novice - some things don't make since to me, please be patient.

When I start my computer an error box comes up RUNDLL Error loading C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\eAcceleration\Installer\stopsinfo.dll.......... ....
I had just been getting out of it & going on.

I have Windows XP - my disk states Home Edition, but my computer states Professional - so to fix I can't use my disk (I like disks to fix everything - safer & easier).

I get box that I have 3 whatevers (servers?),. etc...I always say no & go on.

My real complaint is I have Microsoft Home Publishing Works Suite 2000. A couple of months ago I lost the ability to see thumbnails in it. I uninstalled it & tried to reinstall & it won't let me...which I've done before but apparently some of my spy stuff has deleted some things that I need. This I use a lot! I do my own greeting cards, stationary, etc.

I'm suppose to be able to burn CDs but I can't even play a rented movie on my computer or anything 3-D. I was suppose to have been totally upgraded a yr. ago (from Windows 98SE to Windows XP).

I can't even restore any of the backups that have been done.

Please tell me what I need to do (would like Home Publishing fixed soon since I have 3 birthdays coming up in about 7-10 days). Where do I need to go? I don't understand most of what is published by Microsoft - over my head.

Happygrandparent

mark007
04-14-2005, 05:25 AM
The first thing to do is to run a virus checker. If you don't have one then do a google search for AVG Antivirus which is a completely free virus checker. Do a full test on your PC and see if it finds anything dubious. If so it should hopefully fix anything it finds. If not then post back here what it found.

If this sorts your PC then all well and good.

If not then you need to post the exact text of any error messages you are getting back here and I'll try and look into it a bit more.

:)

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
04-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks - I've run my scans but haven't written down all errors msgs in detail. Will do over the next few days.

Again, thanx a bunch!

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
04-16-2005, 03:21 AM
OK ran for virus - there's none & ran registry scan & it found 2 & fixed them.

I shut down & came back on & get same error I get when my desk top comes up. RUNDLL. Error loading C:\Program Files\Common Files\eAceleration\Installer\Stopsinfo.dll

The specified module could not be found.

Then I tried to open Microsoft Works Suite Home Publishing. Got error stating
Internet Explorer Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 7
Char: 1
Error: 'MakeArray' is undefined
Code: o
URL: its:C:\Program Files/Microsoft Home Publishing 2000\OpoenScn.its:/open.htm

so I just uninstalled it & tried to reinstall (have disk). Then I got the following error:
Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 Installer Infor...
Error 1305.Error reading from file:
D:\mhp/Common/MSShared/Grphflt\Pcdimp32.flt. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

As I said before, I really need my Home Publishing as soon as possible.

I did not get an error this time regarding something about I have 3rd party whatever & ask if I wanted to change it. Since I didn't get this error again I don't remember what it exactly said.

MJ

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
04-19-2005, 04:44 PM
I must assume there is no other help. Therefore, thanks as I'll take my computer in to a shop.

mark007
04-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Missed that last post. Will do a bit of research later if you still need it...

HAPPYGRANDPAREN
04-22-2005, 05:11 PM
OK - I'm still having problems. I got rid of the 1st error msg (RUNDLL Error). But I still can't get my Home Publishing 2000 totally back. When I install it & try to open it I get the same error as I mentioned before. If it hadn't worked before I would probably upgrade to Home Publishing 2005 (or whatever) thinking it wasn't compatible to Windows XP (how I'm beginning to hate XP...), but it worked for about 10-11 months, until a couple of months ago, then it lost it's thumbnails (but if clicked on it you could see it), & when I uninstalled it I couldn't reinstall, now it's reinstalled but with the error. What do you suggest? I have taken my computer to a place that keeps telling me the Home Publishing is a Windows XP problem...but as I said, I almost can't believe it since it worked before.

mj

OK - I'm still having problems. I got rid of the 1st error msg (RUNDLL Error). But I still can't get my Home Publishing 2000 totally back. When I install it & try to open it I get the same error as I mentioned before. If it hadn't worked before I would probably upgrade to Home Publishing 2005 (or whatever) thinking it wasn't compatible to Windows XP (how I'm beginning to hate XP...), but it worked for about 10-11 months, until a couple of months ago, then it lost it's thumbnails (but if clicked on it you could see it), & when I uninstalled it I couldn't reinstall, now it's reinstalled but with the error. What do you suggest? I have taken my computer to a place that keeps telling me the Home Publishing is a Windows XP problem...but as I said, I almost can't believe it since it worked before.

mj

I should have stated above, the error message won't let me in Home Publishing. I can only download the items I did in the past.