PDA

View Full Version : Replace hyphen with non-breaking hyphen

clhare
07-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I need to replace all hyphens in a presentation with a non-breaking hyphen.

I know that I can manually insert a non-breaking hyphen by using Alt+0173, but I can't figure out how to do that in a search and replace macro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John Wilson
08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
You shouldn't need a macro just the standard replace item. Copy and paste a non breaking hyphen into the replace with box.

TrippyTom
08-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah... it won't look like anything is pasted in the REPLACE area, but try it. It actually works.

John Wilson
08-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Thanks Tom, I should have mentioned that

Paul_Hossler
08-05-2009, 09:54 AM
You can directly type the Alt+0173 (using the NumPad) in the "Replace With:" box, so you don't need to copy one

Paul

John Wilson
08-06-2009, 06:28 AM
That true. I'm using a laptop with no numeric pad so it's more tricky to use Num Lock to add it so I use insert symbol and copy / paste

Paul_Hossler
08-06-2009, 11:27 AM
MS Word has much more powerful S&R capability, wildcards, formatting, etc.

I wish PP also had that power, or that some clever PP VBA programmer could provide a macro that emulates the Word S&R capability.

Paul

Cosmo
08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
MS Word has much more powerful S&R capability, wildcards, formatting, etc.

I wish PP also had that power, or that some clever PP VBA programmer could provide a macro that emulates the Word S&R capability.

Paul
I have a S/R functionality I built in VBA that I use, although it's not complete enough to share (there are a few things I haven't finished that I want to tweak - if I ever get the time). It doesn't do wildcards just yet, but it allows changing the text attributes (Font, Superscript, Font size, etc.); it can limit the search to specific areas (selection, custom slide shows, notes/master/handout pages, etc). IF I ever get the chance to get it finished, I might look into releasing it as a shareware add-in for a small fee.