PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Saladsamurai
08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I am new to this forum. I am also new to VBA and programming in general.

I am a Mechanical Engineering student in his last year and I am doing an internship at the moment.

Unfortunately (for me), the position is waaayyyy at the programming/software development end of the M. Eng spectrum.

We do all of our software prototyping in VBA Excel and then test it in a Flomerics (a computational fluid dynamics app) before having it developed in Java.

I have been thrown into a fire that just keeps growing. I will be asking a lot of seemingly stupid questions.

My biggest issue with VBA is that I am simply not aware of all of the functions that exist in it. That is half the battle for me; the other half is the logic of the program.

I usually stomp around at PhysicsForums.com . We have a programming sub forum, but it is mostky MATLAB/Python/Maple oriented type stuff.

This site seems like a good find!

Aussiebear
08-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Welcome Saladsamurai. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you feel you need to. VBA has a lot going for it, and even the experienced people have an opportunity to learn something new from time to time.

Thanks for the comment regarding this site. The admin staff try to ensure that everyone gets to feel right at home. This atmosphere simply encourages learning and more importantly sharing.

CreganTur
08-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Welcome to the forum- it's always good ot have new members!