PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Invintory Project.

D_Rennie
08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Ok the invintory project is based on what is being offered over at excelmagic.com. I have given my word to keep his code (whats left of it) away from plublic viewing. So while i keep my word the file will remain password protected PM ME IF YOU WANT THE PASSWORD that way i can reduce the number of people wishing to view it. and for those that dont want to pm for the password RECOVER IT:banghead:

That being said. Here is where things are at.

There is a sub that will create a report for items on hand ect. this has never been working and im not sure where to start with it.
all i know is that its pulling data from the item summary page and trying to make the changes on the itemsummary page, it should be using its own page invintory report.
once the report is created there is no way of resetting the item summary page to how it should be.
There is a addin to the ribbon to do the report.

Im not sure the direction that i want to take it, so i guess that i would just like some input on how you think this report should be done.
i want to make sure i have a crear view of what i want before i start creating somethink.

Thankyou,.

rbrhodes
08-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi,

Well almost nothing seems to work and what does work is annoying. Whats up?

D_Rennie
08-16-2009, 10:08 PM
are you talking about the report.

well other than the report the setup is.

sheet item setup is used to setup the items :) this is required only once for that item, once the finalise setup is used it puts the data into item summary and also invintory in.

sheet xferin is not all that its like a carton pack in. so a carton contains 24 items and you have 2 cartons it calculate the number of items 48 and then transpher them to the invintory in.

sheet xfer out if for setting up kits, if you want to sell a kit that contains say 8 products. all you have to do is put the number for kits into the cell next to the date and click the transpher out and then it transphers all the items in that kit to the invintory out. there is colums 8 used for the yes no thing you looked at the other day. the reset button is currently no in use.

invintory out, the way to take items out must be done on row 2 with the use of the button to finalise.

invintory in i just seen a few errors there they are due to all the forumlars and lookups ect refer to item summary and those items have been manually removed from the invintory in sheet.

ahhh hold up a sec i see what ive also done i have saved the document after i tryed the invintory report and that mucked the whole thing give me a bit ill fix a bit and reload another copy .

Try that attachment, thats why the report is bugging me.

Bob Phillips
08-17-2009, 01:20 AM
I agree with rbr, nothing works, code errors, and it all seems a mess.

But I would also argue that if you have some code that you got from excelmagic, you aren't willing to give us anything that comes close to working, you aren't willing to publish the password, then you should gor back to the author at excelmagic and seek his support to fix it.

D_Rennie
08-17-2009, 01:30 AM
the 2nd file should do 90% of the things.
i didnt realise that the 1st upload had the issues with it when posting.

i am willing to give people the password. though just to keep my word i dont want anyone with internet axcess creating a account here and getting the code.

D_Rennie
08-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Its all fine now.
The report is now working as expected.

rbrhodes
08-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi,

Let's presume you purchased this product and the author allowed you access to the code. You then proceeded to customize the code with some unexpected results?

I've looked at it and it could use some rewrites but that looks like a 'project' to me. By which I mean a days _work_ ie: not something I would do for free.

Don't know if the author would be willing to support customization either...

Ahh, just noticed the thread is marked [solved], good luck!

D_Rennie
08-17-2009, 08:29 PM
It is kinda a involved document, not the kinda supprise kind of fix.

Though its now on a bums rush pass, with only small tweeks to get the output a little more desirable.

Like once said, nothink ventured nothink gained.

Well thanks for taking the time to look.