PDA

View Full Version : convert Exif photo data to excel

bdsii
08-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Using VISTA and Excel 2007 - I would like to export to an Excel 2007 spreadsheet the EXIF data from photos in a specific directory. The photos are generally .jpg files but some could be .TIF files. The code I have seen for exporting file and directory data does not include the EXIF info I am wanting. I have searched other threads and they do not seem to address this specific issue. There are applications commercially available to do this but I thought this group probably would have an answer.

Each photo generally has this EXIF info which records the specifics about each photo and is captured by the camera when the photo is taken. In the directory, you can right click on the file and go to Properties and then click on the Summary tab to view this data. Examples are Camera Model, Equipment Make, Shutter Speed, Lens Aperature, ISO Speed, and so on.

What I would like to do if possible, is to open the file path using a dialog box, and then the code would import the EXIF info into the Excel 2007 spreadsheet. I would want all fields available that could be exported from the EXIF data.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to grab this data ?

Thanks in advance :-)

bdsii
08-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Anyone have any ideas ?

mdmackillop
08-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I suspect you do need a 3rd pary application or API to solve this. The properties listed are not MSOffice so VBA does not contain the methods required.