PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Contour Graphs

maani
08-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Hello,

I have 4 contour graphs (see tab labeled 'Charts') that are updating based on the data from 4 dynamic data tables (see cells AE21:AJ51 on 'Mov_Avg_Chart' tab). The values in the dynamic data tables change based on the inputs in the optimisation table (see cells B22:B27 in 'Mov_Avg_Chart' tab). The automatic generation of the data tables and the 4 contour graphs has been implemented through a macro (named 'X'). Once you hit the update button next to the optimisation table, the data tables update, as do the 4 contour graphs. The graphs end up being loaded on top of each other, but if you move each one out of the way, you can see them. I am having 3 issues which I cannot seem to figure out:

1) The axes on the contour graphs are switched. That is, the values on the x-axis should be on the y-axis and vice versa. I am not sure how to switch these.

2) I would like each contour graph to have a title, based on the statistic that is being optimised in the top left cell in each data table. For example, chart 1 is an optimisation of the Annualized Return (see cell AE21, which is referencing cell AF7, which is the annualized return).

3) My calculation method is currently set to 'automatic except data tables.' However, whenever I hit the 'update' button next to the optimisation table, the calculation method switches to automatic. I'm guessing this may be due to the way the macro was written. Would someone be able to look at the macro and see if it is written in the way it should be?

I have been trying to go through these 3 issues all weekend, and would appreciate any assistance. I have attached a condensed version of my file.

Kind Regards,

Maani