PDA

View Full Version : Arraylist or something else help

Gtrain
08-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi team,

Just wondering about a little problem i have with a excel SS i am working on.
i have 12 columns containing info such as year,month,day,data1,data2..data9

these columns of data are summarising of row events that happened on that day. so
a1,b1,c1,d1.. etc
a2,b2,c2,d2 e2,f2,g2,h2

where abcd are data columns and efgh are the summarized(obviously less columns here than the original 12)

i will be do this for everyday of the year and some days may not have data ( i would only like days with data). so what i was thinking was input data from efgh columns into an arraylist or something similar, not too sure what vba/excel would use.

so should or can i pass this data to creat an object then add the object to a list so that i can call/print data to a spreadsheet etc when required.

or is this way over the top and should i just copy all the data and and do something like xldown-1>delete rows?

just looking for some ideas on what people think, and perhaps if they could point me in the right direction on how to create a type of arraylist if need be?

Thanks, hopefully not too unclear

Train

mdmackillop
08-25-2009, 03:44 AM
Can you post a small sample file?

Gtrain
08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
If you look across the page on the sample data i think around AY is where my data starts that i need to move as i will be moving this into a summary page.

p45cal
08-26-2009, 12:53 AM
This could be the blind leading the blind. In the attached on sheet1 I've added headers to your data and created a pivot table in the vicinity of AY40.
On sheet2 I've copied your raw data and used Data|Subtotals... to average the data.
Both seem to give the same results as you.
Any good?