PDA

View Full Version : Settings Required - Change from HTTP mode to POP (Iam going Bonkers)

parttime_guy
08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I have been using OE6 for quite sometime no probs till now

After getting an email from MS to change setting from HTTP to POP – Iam going crazy with these settings.

I used to access my email on 2 hotmail accounts using the HTTP settings everything used to synchronized including the Folders and I could see both the hotmail IDs together.

Ever since I have made these POP settings as given below (I am going crazy) :motz2:

Incoming Server (POP3 Server): pop3.live.com
Incoming Server POP Port: 995
Incoming Server POP SSL Encryption: Yes (On or Required)

Outgoing Server (SMTP Server): smtp.live.com
Outgoing Server SMTP Port: 25
Outgoing Server Authentication: Yes (On - Use POP username and password or Hotmail credentials)
Outgoing Server TLS or SSL Secure Encrypted Connection: Yes (On or Required)

The Big Problem
I cannot view all my IDs together, as I used to in the HTTP mode – I have to use this annoying “switch ID mode”
All my folders in both my IDs cannot be seen, I have tested sending “test msg” to both the IDs – only msgs coming in the Inbox can be seen
Another surprising thing only my current/today mails can be seen - mails that are already been saved on the server are not visible (in the HTTP mode these msgs are visible – Iam going bonkers!!!) :banghead:

As I have kept my HTTP setting intact it is saving grace – I still use this mode currently.

Is there any perfect solution to switch to the POP mode and viewing all your existing IDs & folders and synchronizing these accounts.

Kindly Help : pray2:

Thanks and Best regards

JP2112
09-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Outlook Express is a part of Windows/IE, while Outlook is part of the MS Office Suite. They are completely separate products that happen to share part of their name.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257824/

You're probably better off either posing this question directly to Microsoft, or try one of the MS newsgroups.

HTH,
JP