PDA

View Full Version : Word Form

kjamesons
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I am trying to do a radio button form field (where you choose only one selection) instead of a drop down or check box. Is there code out there for this? I also would like to use a forced ranking form field (rank each choice as 1, 2, or 3) - is that possible?

Thanks,

Kim

fumei
09-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Please tell us EXACTLY what your requirements are. I do not know what you mean by "forced ranking".

There is no radio button formfield. There are radio button ActiveX controls though. You can group them so only one can be selected.

kjamesons
09-02-2009, 04:43 PM
For example the form has 3 choices that are to be ranked by priority (1, 2, or 3).

Should we expand? Rank = ____
Should we reduce product line? Rank = ____
Shold we simplify our diversity? Rank = ____

fumei
09-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Ok, so what if someone does....

Should we expand? Rank = __1__
Should we reduce product line? Rank = __1_
Shold we simplify our diversity? Rank = __2__

You now have TWO items ranked as 1. Now what?

This is purely an exercise in logic. Work out the logic and the coding part will be fairly easy.

Just to give a hint...say they actually DID:

Should we expand? Rank = __1__
Should we reduce product line? Rank = __1_
Shold we simplify our diversity? Rank = __2__

Do you reject all of the "ranking" and clear them, hand the decision back to the user: "You can not have equal rankings for different items."

Do you only deal with the duplicate 1's, ignoring the 2?

If there is some loopback checking (what if "Should we expand?" is left blank?...what then?), WHEN do you do that checking? What do you do if they change anything?

As stated - again - Please tell us EXACTLY what your requirements are. Your question is one of logic (thinking), not really about coding.