PDA

View Full Version : chart with multiple series (maybe?)

mpearce
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
I am developing a survey application that has 4 questions with responses. the responses are strongly disagree, disagree, agree and strongly agree. i would like to make a chart of some type in access that would show the over all breakdown of the questions and the total answers. i was thinking something like a bar chart that would have the names of the questions along the x axis and a count of the responses along the y axis. each question would have 4 bars one for each of the answers (strongly disagree, disagree, agree and disagree). the aim would be to allow management to see where the strong points and weak points across the board.

any ideas?

Thanks

OBP
09-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Yes that sounds good, try a Pivot table Form using the "New" on the Forms menu.

mpearce
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes that sounds good, try a Pivot table Form using the "New" on the Forms menu.

that is sort of what i am looking for but not quite all of it. Maybe it is what i need but i dont usually use pivot tables. i'll fiddle with it some more and see what happens. i would really like to have a chart like the one in the attached file.

OBP
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Did you open the Pivot Form as a Chart?

mpearce
09-15-2009, 09:07 AM
pivot tables are something that i really dont know anything about. so i am not really sure how to set up a pivot table to have it show the data i need it to show.

mpearce
09-15-2009, 09:20 AM
i guess i should add the attributes for the table i am using. this is a survey for a helpdesk so the fields are as follows:

TicketNumber(pk)
Name
q1Answer
q2Answer
q3Answer
q4Answer
comments

all fields are text fields and the comments field is a memo field.

CreganTur
09-15-2009, 12:08 PM
The book Access 2007: Programming By Example has a section that shows how you can automate the creationof a pivot table and pivot chart based on a query through VBA.

If you don't want to pick up the book for yourself, then PM me your email and I can send you the relevant code and descriptions. I don't feel comfortable posting this out to the forum at large.