PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Write Conflict Access 2003

nepotist
09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Hello,
I have a edit form where I use UPDATE query to update changes in to the database.. it updates it fine.. but once the update is done and when I close the form it give a write conflict message .... how do I avoid the message
??

OBP
09-24-2009, 03:04 AM
nepostist, if the Form is bound to the table you do not need an Update Query to update the table, it is done automatically by Access when you change a record.

nepotist
09-24-2009, 05:25 AM
OBP.. it is bound to a query.. I know what you are talking about.. but there is one field in the query that needs to be manuplated before it is saved. That is the reason why I had to use the update query... I figured this to be the best way .. Please do let me know if there is any thing other way too.

I have found the solution to the write conflict to

on all the forms that are bound to the same query of table... add the following code to OnDeactivate event of the forms
docmd.Runcommand accmdsaverecord

That should fix it , or the other way to work around this is to

Set the form properties :
record locks to edited records

This would fix the write conflict error

OBP
09-24-2009, 06:26 AM
I use VBA to manipulate Fields on the form.

nepotist
09-24-2009, 06:31 AM
When I said Manipulate the field.. I have a listbox that is titles ListSelected ,, I want to combine all the values in the Listselected and then send it to the database. and also I need to warn the user if the listselected meets the required number of standards and if he wishes to proceed.. so that is Why I use a Update Query .