PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Help Merging Mutliple Files

SherryO
04-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi, I'm new to ppt vba and I haven't done vba in a while, so... I have a large presentation made up of 22 small presentations, all of which are updated by different individuals. Its my job to take the 22 and make one large report every month (which can have 82 million versions). What I would like to do is have one master ppt with placeholders and write a macro that would go to each file, select all pages, and copy it into the master. It doesn't sound that hard, but I am having problems with activating the thumbnail view to select all, copy. And I am having problems naming the ppt files, rather than using active presentation. Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Killian
04-20-2005, 04:36 AM
Hi and welcome to VBAX :hi:

I have something at home similar to this so I'll post it up this evening (London time).
Which version of Office are you using (hopefully XP so I won't have to change it too much.
The way it works is to pick files using the file open dialog and build up a list. You can the order the list and insert all the slides from each into one big presentation. It sounds like it might be what you want?

SherryO
04-20-2005, 05:08 AM
Yes, I does sound like what I want. I am using Windows 2000 V5 SP4 (sorry, not my choice). The thing with with the insertion of all the slides from the list, is they need to be inserted in a particular order. The big presenation is sectioned and then there is a catch all back up section. Is that a possibility? You have no idea how much I appreciate this.
PS* Where is the code posted?

SherryO
04-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi Killian. Did you have a chance to post this code?

Killian
04-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi Sherry,
Sorry, we're missing a couple of posts... the board's ISP changed servers and I guess there was a glitch. :wot
So I found that file so here it is... you may need to change it a little if you already have a section slide in your master presentation

SherryO
04-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Where is the file? I'm missing something.

Killian
04-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Strange, I was sure I attached thet file... :banghead:
OK, I'll give it another try when I get home (6pm UK time)

SherryO
04-25-2005, 09:12 AM
You may have attached it. Where would it be? I may be having problems on this end. Thanks again.

Killian
04-25-2005, 12:37 PM
You should see the zip file attached to this post

SherryO
04-25-2005, 12:42 PM
You are the coolest person I know!!!! Thank you soooooo much.

Zack Barresse
04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Sherry, If this is solved, can you mark it such from the Thread Tools menu? :)

Glad you got it working!!

SherryO
04-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Killian,
Why can't I change the file name and have the merge macro work? It's not a problem, just curious. Thanks