PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing controls...

Glaswegian
09-28-2009, 03:56 AM
Hi

I seem to have a bit of a problem with some controls on a sheet.

I have a single sheet that contains cells for user input. It also includes some text boxes for additional comments. There are also a series of buttons that provide additional functions etc. All controls are from the Control Toolbox.

Once user input is complete, the user should click a button that copies the input sheet, saves it using todays date as part of the sheet name, locks all cells and controls and hides the sheet. Other users will overview the input and may add their own comments. They will click the button relative to their role, input a password and gain access to the hidden sheet. One text box is unlocked to allow comments. The sheet is then re-saved. A viewing option is available where none of the data can be amended.

All this works fine - apart from some of the controls that seem to disappear - not all of them, just some - and never the same ones. This happens when the saved hidden sheet is viewed or overviewed. I've checked the saved sheet immediately it has been created and saved - all controls are fine and where they shoud be.

I thought this might be workbook corruption of some kind so I re-created the workbook - but it still happens.

I've included a line of code to ensure all controls are visible and enabled - makes no difference. I've amended the format of each control to say "Don't move or size with cells" - makes no difference.

I'm stumped - any ideas what might be causing this?

Paul_Hossler
09-28-2009, 05:57 AM
I've had controls 'disappear' when rows or columns are hidden for some reason.

Paul

Glaswegian
09-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Thanks Paul - interesting point - I do have columns N to the end hidden, although I was careful that no control was near the edge of the remaining end column. I'll try unhiding them all and see if that helps.

Glaswegian
09-28-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm afraid that did not help - some controls are still disappearing.