PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Bogus report ~TMP... in VBA project window

TheAntiGates
04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Though it doesn't show up in the regular report list - it's only in the VBA window - I see a spurious report named ~TMPCLP357701 (alongside 2 bona fide ones). I'd like to put him out of its misery but he (she?) laughs at my feeble efforts. Compacting does nothing. "Remove" is grayed out.

It doesn't seem to be harming anything or anybody:whistle:, but I'm Jonesin' to assassinate it anyway. Can anyone shed some light here? A2003.

FWIW, exporting it produces a CLS; I can even get to its design from the project window, and apparently do anything I want to it there. Except kill it! It's useless as is. Perhaps something with the object browser is called for here...

Norie
04-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Why not loop through all your reports in VBA and delete any spurious ones?

TheAntiGates
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
I conclude that this was a corruption that Repair/Compact could not resolve. Objects that begin with Tilde (~) are allegedly those that are scheduled for termination but just waiting for a Compact before they go to heaven. Normally you wouldn't see them, but if you do, they are supposed to get hosed then.

I euthanized the little spazz with docmd.deleteobject, upon which the little rat's dying action was to crash Access. Very little ever crashes on this machine under Win XP, so the poor little mutant must have summoned all his strength to shoot me in the butt - just like the Waco Kid.

Solved.