PDA

View Full Version : Adding Rows to Form

sally
10-02-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm using Word 2003 and I'm lost. Right now I have a 2 page document - 1st page is set up landscape (11x8.5) and the second page is set up portrait (8.5x11) so I need a page break between those pages. On the 1st page I have a 10 column - 18 row table with fill-in fields in the first 6 columns then 2 columns each w/a Yes and No checkbox - last 2 columns are also fillin fields. I need to add rows (or copy and place the whole table) after the last fiillin field is used (so run on exit?) added rows or table will go to the 2nd page. Page still needs to be 11x8.5 with the same header and footer as first page.

fumei
10-02-2009, 01:52 PM
1. "Right now I have a 2 page document - 1st page is set up landscape (11x8.5) and the second page is set up portrait (8.5x11) so I need a page break between those pages."

No, you need a Section (Next Page) break.

2. " I need to add rows (or copy and place the whole table) after the last fiillin field is used (so run on exit?) added rows or table will go to the 2nd page. "

I am not quite following that.

macropod
10-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi Sally,

You can't extend rows from a table on a portrait page onto a landscape page, or vice-versa. If you need rows on both pages, you'll need two tables.

sally
10-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Sorry if original question wasn't understood. Here's what I need - if customer fills in table (on the first page) and needs more rows (w/fillins and checkboxes) to be added the document would add a 2nd page same as the 1st page (setup as 11x8.5, with same table - fill-in, checkboxes and same header, footer to now have page number as Page 2 of 3. Then page 3 of the document would be an 8.5x11 page with page number as Page 3 of 3. Hope this is understood.

macropod
10-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi Sally,

See 'Add a row to a table in a protected form' and 'An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table' at:
http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm