PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Unbound Checkboxes

Duncs
10-05-2009, 04:21 AM
I have a form which simply displays data. From this data, agents access other systems to do account checking. When they have completed their checks, they click an update button and a record is saved with details about the record they worked, their ID and the data / time started & finished. This works fine. :yes

What I now want to do, is add in a checklist of actions completed. The agents should check each of these steps--there are 12 in total--and only when all 12 have been checked, will they be able to select the "account complete" button. The form has no data source, and all the fields are unbound. I don't want to store the results of the 12 checkboxes, just use the data in them for saving the record.

Here's my problem. I have the 12 checkboxes on the form, all of them unbound, which the agents should select to confirm they have completed the step. When I view the form, I cannot get the checkboxes to show a tick, or indeed any other value in them. They remain blank. :(

What am I doing wrong? :dunno

TIA

Duncs

Duncs
10-05-2009, 05:20 AM
OK, quick update...

I had the issue of the checkboxes not showing a tick. I then realised I was adding them to the form incorrectly. This has now been resolved, and I get a tick when I click on any of the check boxes...however, I have another problem now...

If I click on any of the checkboxes on the form, it does indeed display a tick. However, if I click on it again, it still displays a tick. Also, if I click on any of the other checkboxes, the tick from the first one disappears, and the one just clicked on now has a tick in it!!

What am I missing?

TIA

Duncs

SoftwareMatt
10-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Hmm, it all sounds a little strange. If you post your db with the form in question I can take a look.

OBP
10-06-2009, 03:53 AM
It sounds like you have used an "Option Group" for your check boxes, the Choice is mutually exclusive, i.e. it only allows one item to be selected at a time.
If you just want check boxes they need to be separate, you can then click and tick/untick as many as you like.