PDA

View Full Version : MS Jet OLE DB Initialization Information

john3j
10-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Hello,

I have created a database that contains several make table queries that create tables off of a list in sharepoint. From my switchboard, I have created selections that run macros to open an excel file that has data sources connected to the database. When I execute these macros from my switchboard, I get the screen that is depicted in the attached graphic. If I run my queries and close the database, and then try to run the excel sheets manually, I have no problem. Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this error. I need to be able to open excel sheets that link to the tables of my open database. Thank you!

CreganTur
10-07-2009, 08:00 AM
I've never seen an error like that before.

Are you certain your connection strings contain all of the required information for connection to the databses? If they're missing any information, then that could explain why that form appears asking for more details.

john3j
10-07-2009, 11:09 AM
This is what the connection string looks like. I have not set up any security or anything. I do have several other users that are going to need to use this, as it is on a network resource.

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=R:\Acquisition Reporting.mdb;Mode=Share Deny Write;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database

Command Type: Table
Command Text: CIP Div

I dont really know where to go from here. Can an excel workbook open and try to connect to the database tables while the database is still open?