PDA

View Full Version : What Message Is Being Written?

Cyberdude
10-10-2009, 08:42 PM
First let me try to explain where the unreadable message appears:
When I first open an Excel 2003 workbook, there are 5 rows of information at the top.
The topmost row on the screen shows “Microsoft Excel” written at the top left of the strip.

The next 3 strips are full of the standard and custom buttons.

The 5th strip Has a small display area on the left end called the “Name Box”. If I select a cell with my cursor, the cell’s address appears in that small display area. To the right of that “Name Box is a much bigger display area called the “Formula Bar”. Below all that is the main display for displaying an Excel sheet.

When I open certain workbooks, a new strip I’ll call “4A” because it is inserted following the strip 4 containing the “Formula Bar”. Got the picture?

When I open certain workbooks, strip 4A appears VERY briefly completely filled with a message. Then it quickly disappears before I can read it. It seems that I usually see this phantom message on workbooks that have been giving me trouple with Personal.xls, but I’m not sure. In any case what is that message telling me? Got any clues??

Simon Lloyd
10-10-2009, 11:39 PM
It could be a corrupt toolbar file check this to repair it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280504

Cyberdude
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanx Simon. Great reference!
Sid