PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Flashing commandbutton?

blackie42
10-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Hi.

I have a commandbutton (on sheet) which when pressed runs some code and makes a second commandbutton visible.

I'd like to have the 2nd button flash (2 diff colours) until it is mouse clicked when I'd like it to stop flashing (and it will run some other code) and disappear.

Don't really have any idea how to achieve this so would be grateful for any help

thanks
Jon

Bob Phillips
10-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Flashing is a terrible idea. Why not throw up a MsgBox that they have to respond to?

blackie42
10-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Yes I suppose I could do that - I was just thinking a flash just to draw
the user attention to the next step i.e. click the commandbutton.

Was also interested in how to go about doing it - whether or not I use it

thanks

Ablah
10-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Hey I am working out something pretty cool, ill let you know later on.

georgiboy
10-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I asked this once and XLD helped me out with the attached file, i have modified it slightly to suit your needs. As you can see it is not very simple to achieve, you may want to rethink the way you approach this. Anyway hope this helps.

Credit to XLD on this one :)

Ablah
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I asked this once and XLD helped me out with the attached file, i have modified it slightly to suit your needs. As you can see it is not very simple to achieve, you may want to rethink the way you approach this. Anyway hope this helps.

Credit to XLD on this one :)

Very nice indeed, I just made this one its not that impressive though.
But it works nice.

blackie42
10-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks for replies,

Didn't realise it would be so involved.

I expected to make the 2nd button visible (after clicking the first) which is easy to do then use CB2_activate to make the button change colour once per second - then use the CB2_click to stop the flash and make it invisible and run further code.

regards