PDA

View Full Version : create a document/letter based on checkboxes?

Gingertrees
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Hello,
Here's what I'm looking for:
Create a paragraph (like a form letter) based on selected (checked) items. Letter is to inform of items needed for a file, so I look at the file and check as needed:
[X] bills for proof of address
[X] income
[ ] copy of ID
[X] copy of SSN card
[ ] (etc)
Based on my selections,
"Reviewed file for completeness. File needs updated proof of address, proof of income and copy of social security card."

Does anybody have some code lying around to do that sort of thing?

fumei
10-13-2009, 10:34 AM
"Does anybody have some code lying around to do that sort of thing?"

WHAT sort of thing?

Are you asking about have these as checkboxes IN the document?

Having them on a userform would be a better idea.

In other words: "and check as needed"

Check....where?

Gingertrees
10-13-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm pretty flexible about where - I do more stuff in Excel than Word, so I really don't know how to do this...
If I can open a userform and check whatever as needed, and then Word will produce my needed paragraph, that would be ok. it'd be ok to have it as text in the same document too - I just need to copy/paste this into the note section of our company's database.

geekgirlau
10-14-2009, 09:53 PM
If I understand what you're after there's a couple of different approaches:

Have the various paragraphs saved somewhere (autotext entries? another doc?) and insert the checked items one after the other after the user clicks OK

Have the whole document already created with each paragraph bookmarked, and delete the paragraphs that are not checked.

FhM
10-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I have a thread recently where someone gave me a good example of using radio buttins and bookmarks to make up a letter. Maybe you could alter that to your needs.

Tinbendr
10-15-2009, 04:30 AM
See if this works for you.