PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Problematic queries

Juha_Antero
04-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Hi, I do not know if this is the right forum to post my question, but seem like one of you may be able to help. I have an xl-file with an sql-query on a couple of sheets. The source database is an access-database, and the queries on each sheet are extremely simple. The queries are set to be updated on file open. Everything works nice until I close the file an try to open it again: somehow the file has been damaged and, during the file open, excel crashes. When finally the file opens (repaired, my a**), everything but the data has been removed, ie. queries, formats, filters, conditional formats,.. Any help will be greatly appreciated. (I am using Office XP on Win XP pro connected to WLAN).

Regs, Juha

OBP
04-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Why have the queries in Excel, wouldn't it be better to have them in the Access Database and link to them in Excel?

Juha_Antero
04-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Like I said, the queries are very simple: just pulling the latest records - actually this is a project database, and one of the queries just returns the newest additions (ie. projects) as a list to a sheet for further processing..

Juha