View Full Version : Solved: Still Trying to Attach an Image Predictably

Cyberdude
04-21-2005, 10:29 AM
One more tiime:

Hmmmm...no image. One more try:

Maybe there's a size limitation:

Perhaps it will work on a reply:

And maybe not (Sigh)

Why is my reply merged with the original post??
This is getting ugly.

Jacob Hilderbrand
04-21-2005, 10:32 AM
lol the posts will auto merge if there is no reply an < 2 hours since your post.

Are you attaching the imaged from Manage Attachments?

Cyberdude
04-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Oh, hello DRJ. Yes, I am indeed using the Manage Attachments facility. When am I supposed to be able to see the .jpg after clicking the upload? Where is it placed with respect to the rest of the post being entered?

Jacob Hilderbrand
04-21-2005, 10:43 AM
You wont see it until you post your message. In that attachment window make sure it read "You have uploaded the maximum of 1 files" at the top after you attach the file.

Zack Barresse
04-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Also, you must make sure that you click the Upload button after you click the Open in the Browse file dialog box.

Jake: we're we going to take that timer down to 10 min? (I thought.. :dunno )

Jacob Hilderbrand
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
I remember Mark made a suggestion, but I dont remember anyone saying for sure what we should do. What should we put it at? 10 min, 30 min? It can be anything.

mdmackillop
04-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Let's try 10 minutes. Not too long to wait if it really needs to be a separate posting, and we can always go back and edit out the addition if necessary if it comes up "wrong".

Zack Barresse
04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Set at 20 minutes.

Sorry Malcolm, Jake and I discussed and I didn't think to post; we did it prior to your posting. We'll see how it works though. :yes (Jake didn't forget (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23828#post23828))

And let us know how it goes Cyberdude, with the attachment. I apologize for the temp thread hijack too.

Cyberdude
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
That's cool . . . always enjoy hearing (seeing??) what the gods talk about. To answer all the questions, I did everything you suggested. I'll keep trying until I get it right. I WAS successful with one picture, but couldn't reproduce it. Weird.

mdmackillop
04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
No Problem!

Cyberdude
04-21-2005, 07:20 PM
This time I'll try a much smaller pic:
OK, it seemed to work, although I can't see it now.

I left some space for the pic. Can I write this below the image??
Apparently not. Image must always go to the bottom.

Cyberdude
04-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Now let's try a larger image:
Aha! I finally noticed the message at the top that tells me what the max dimensions are. That helps!

OK, one more attempt, then I'm done:
That pesky comments merge messed up my attempt. OK,
I thionk I got it now.

Cyberdude
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Test of image

Zack Barresse
08-26-2005, 10:43 AM
The image will always be at the bottom of your post. That is unless you use the [ img ] tags for your image file. But if you do this, it must be hosted somewhere. There are a few free locations on the web that allow you to host certain sized pictures for free. Photobucket is one of them (although you must log in at least once a month or they will consider your account inactive and delete it - including all your images).