PDA

View Full Version : Digital Code Signing Signature

fionabolt
10-22-2009, 06:33 AM
I have been asked to modify 2000+ templates. The current templates are all signed with a Verisign Class 3 Code Signing Certificate.

All the updates I am performing on the templates are being automatically run through VBA. So my question is, "is there a way to add this same certificate to the new templates after they've been updated?"

Many thanks
Fiona

fumei
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
I am confused. Are these new templates, or are they updated ones? I would have thought the certificates apply to the file itself. However, you may have more luck asking this of Verisign itself.

geekgirlau
10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
My understanding (albeit admittedly hazy) is that the certificate applies to the code. Provided you are modifying the document and not the code, the existing signature will not be affected.

carrrnuttt
10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
My understanding (albeit admittedly hazy) is that the certificate applies to the code. Provided you are modifying the document and not the code, the existing signature will not be affected.

This.

I've worked on and updated several signed templates (I have a code-signing cert from Verisign under my name). Even if you change the code, the certificate still won't be affected.

fumei
10-26-2009, 12:05 PM
So...what is your question again? You say you have changed things, and the certificate is not affected. That seems to answer your posted question.