PDA

View Full Version : Need a solver

aligahk06
10-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Dear all,

Greetings of the day!!!!!!!

I want to develop a simple solver(A mathematical Model.).The format is for your reference.
There are four kinds of Activity. Each activity consists of suppose 20 different items.
i.e Total four activity with total 80 Item.Each Item price is fixed on their respective column
based on job activity.
I have to play with quantity only.

i want a solver in such a way that if i feed total amount it will automatically update the
quantity and perform corresponding calculation and equate the total amount.
Suppose i enter 50000.00 amount in any cell then it automatically update the quantity and euate
the Total Amount.
Constraints. If remove cladding qty is updated randomly then for remove insulation the qty would
be remain same and for New Insulation it remain same and for new cladding it remain same.

Attachment sheet is for ur ref.

Please assist ?

Rgds,
Aligahk06

mdmackillop
10-27-2009, 06:44 AM
There are 160,000 (20^4) ways of combining 1 item from each of the 4 groups.
From your explanation, I can see no suggestion as to where 50,000 should be entered, nor as to what gets changed or totalled. My suspicion is that you have too many variables to reach a meaningfull solution, but can you provide a sample answer (or two) to your question?

aligahk06
10-27-2009, 06:51 AM
There are 160,000 (20^4) ways of combining 1 item from each of the 4 groups.
From your explanation, I can see no suggestion as to where 50,000 should be entered, nor as to what gets changed or totalled. My suspicion is that you have too many variables to reach a meaningfull solution, but can you provide a sample answer (or two) to your question?
The total amount is the sum of all total.
I.e the total amount shall be placed at any cell that links all the cell of total.

parttime_guy
10-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Yo! aligahk

After some crazy formulas & vlookups - I tried to come up with this solution.

Hope this helps....

Md - you may really have a laugh at this solution