PDA

View Full Version : show popup of all sheet tabs

alienscript
10-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi expert community!

This code shows only 15 sheet tabs and the last popup item as "More Sheets..." in the popup list. I have 30 sheets I need to go to view all the time but in irregular sequence. When I click "More Sheet...", it go to a dropdown dialog box that I can scroll down to view all the tabs.

How can I either have the popup list to show all the tab names and not having to click on "More Sheets..." ?

I'm using Excel 2003. Appreciate any help and thanks.

Application.CommandBars("Workbook Tabs").ShowPopup

mdmackillop
11-01-2009, 02:41 AM
I never even new that existed!

I use this Userform solution (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198138&postcount=7).

GTO
11-01-2009, 03:58 AM
@Malcom:

I thought you had a kb entry on this, but I cannot find it. Brain-fade on my part?

Also - a probably off-the-wall sounding question, but in the file you have attached at: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198138&postcount=7

do you recall whether it was originally written in pre-2007?

I am curious as at home (2000) I get 'file not found' errors on some downloaded files, yet not others (such as I downloaded a file from Steve Lucas and it was fine), and sometimes will get two or three such msgs... Thus - am beginning to wonder whether files converted are sometimes still including dll procedures non-existent pre-2003 (Yes, I am guessing here).

Mark

mdmackillop
11-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Hi Mark,
re the KB Item, I thought so too. I'll need top resubmit it. I'm pretty sure it was pre-2000, and I'll ensure the KB will run in 2003 at least.

GTO
11-01-2009, 04:41 AM
Hi Mark,
re the KB Item, I thought so too. I'll need top resubmit it. I'm pretty sure it was pre-2000, and I'll ensure the KB will run in 2003 at least.

Hi Brother,

As you know, I am blonde and my brain is easily damaged... you are hurting it.

As to your (I'm pretty dang sure existed) KB entry, I thought you wrote it in ver 2000.

What I was asking was reference 'Navigate.xls' at the link you provided. Was Navigate.xls written in ver 2007, or before?

Hope you are chuckling at least :rotlaugh: ,

Mark

PS - Be "right-back" hopefully, am 'unplugging' for a moment, as ol' laptop has one port, and want to see if I have the entry or file previously downloaded...

GTO
11-01-2009, 05:42 AM
@Malcom:

Hi again,

I failed to find. I did a fairly quick search, basically reading thru filenames of previously downloaded kb articles and .xls files under 100k - both to no avail; I am vexed.

Hope you are enjoying a nice Sunday afternoon :-)

Mark

mdmackillop
11-01-2009, 05:45 AM
I only wrote the one version of Navigate, The copy I posted was one I copied from this PC (Excel 2007), but I don't see any conflicts. The code is all very basic.
Regarding other entries. There was a problem with zip files when the site server was changed. I resaved all I could from a copy provided by Steve. If you let me know of any problems, I can have a look.

GTO
11-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Thank you much, as that means Navigate was originally written in .xls. Thus, I suspect it may well be problems on my end (while working at home w\came in a box marked "NOW-all electric" laptop).

I might bug Lucas via PM, as I believe he still has 2000? If so, a simple test to download two attachments (one where I get the error msgs and one where file works fine) would confirm/deny my suspicions.

Thanks again mate,

Mark

alienscript
11-01-2009, 09:46 AM
That's a wonderful piece using userform to navigate. Thanks so much mdmackillop!