PDA

View Full Version : Tabing issue in Combo box

dimitrz
11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi all

As part of the process to create a user friendly call tracker - we have come this far with Malcolm's extensive help ( check the attached sample tracker)

One feature enhancement to this tracker was to make it easier for the users by incorporation of combobox instead of list boxes to facilitate auto fill.

Now we are experiencing a unique problem with this enhancement ( any suggestion \ tips welcome)

Observation

1) After we converted the sections like "caller designation " etc to combo box the auto fill is happening but the Tab function ( that is use of tabs to move around the cells is not working)

I also noticed that if you tab into a combo box the auto fill does not work - but if you click and enter a Combo box the auto fill works ( click refers to click the cell and not pulling down the drop down menu)

any suggestion why this is happening and any solutions to rectify the same

Thanks

mdmackillop
11-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Can you save and post the attachment as Excel 2003. Functionality is missing in converted version.

dimitrz
11-03-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi Malcolm nice to see you again

I have attached the file in 2003 version as advised by you

mdmackillop
11-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Somthing like this. Change to suit your tabbing order.

Private Sub ComboBox1_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer)
If KeyCode = vbKeyTab Or KeyCode = vbKeyReturn Then Range("C12").Select
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox7_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer)
If KeyCode = vbKeyTab Or KeyCode = vbKeyReturn Then ComboBox2.Activate
End Sub

dimitrz
11-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Hi Malcolm :hi: regret the delay in response , I was waiting for my friend who has a better knowladge on with VBA than me to test the code given by you.

I am afraid that this time the code for allowing tabbing in combo box doesn't seem to work ( He thinks that code is for user form or is clueless on how to incorporate it the current secnario (we don't have a user form )

Can you please cross check this :think:

Also inorder to make this tracker user friendly apart from Tabbing activation in the Combo box - we also need to ensure that when one enters a cell/combobox via tabbing - they can still use the autofill feature - without that the tabbing feature would become useless :(

mdmackillop
11-07-2009, 05:41 AM
What is your desired tab order?

dimitrz
11-07-2009, 05:42 AM
Breaking News

My friend just crashed in stating that it partially seems to be working

The tabbing is working BUT its skipping VOS office combo box

The auto fill issue is still there

Am enclosing the latest version of the sample tracker

dimitrz
11-07-2009, 05:49 AM
If possible
It should first go to the two RED cells on top that is Calltype and VOS office and then it can run down the from

Person Calling to Comments in a vertical shift and then

Come across to caller designation and telephone number

--------------

Frankly Tabbing can be exempted from Call scheduled time and date at the bottom and if required even comment box can be excluded

-----------------------

If the above is complicated then even the normal function of

Left to right movement is also acceptable

------------------

Reg the Code : It seems my friend was trying to insert it into the sheet function instead of the Combo box module

mdmackillop
11-07-2009, 05:51 AM
This works for me

mdmackillop
11-07-2009, 06:27 AM
With Tab order

dimitrz
11-07-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL its working now, however when the tabbing is activated it skips the non combo box cells like

------------
Person calling

Person To

Office / Country

Tele No
------------

do you think it would work out if I converted these cells into Text Box

ps: at home I am using the student edition of excel 2007 - I am presuming that has no implications to the coding

mdmackillop
11-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Post 10 should loop through all cells

dimitrz
11-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Eureka !

All features working as required :beerchug: though it took us a few days to find out what was causing the auto fill from working in our sample :banghead:.

We realized that when the Tabbing happens its actually selecting the normal cell behind the combo box - and since the auto fill is being pulled from the combo box and not from the cell - during tabbing process the auto fill was not reflecting in fields other than the top two mandatory selections

Thanks for your help Malcolm :bow: