PDA

View Full Version : qty breakdown for inventory

mortred
11-05-2009, 09:03 AM
i made a useform so that user will input quantity specifying the breakdown of an item.
ex.

#of containers X quantity

total : _____qty

pls someone help me with the code that as the user changes the textbox for containers and qty will update the total qty(realtime no added event)
also, the textbox will only accepts numbers and the values such as the # of containers ,quantity,total qty will be copied to specific cell.

lucas
11-05-2009, 09:53 AM
post your workbook please.

click on post reply, then scroll down and look for a button that says "manage attachments"

We would have to guess at too much with what you have provided. Do you use textboxes and what are their names, etc.

Where and on which sheet do you wish to put the results, etc.

mortred
11-06-2009, 08:14 AM
userform

lucas
11-06-2009, 09:36 AM
ok, give me an example of what you would put in the container textbox

Same for the quantity....I assume it will be a number. Will it be a number from 1-100 so we could use a combobox?

finally, the total, will that be the total of quantity?

mortred
11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
# of containers would be max of 2 digit numbers while quantity would be max of 6 digit numbers and the total have to be max of 7 digit numbers,also there are situations that the last last row is blank or filled.

it goes like this

10 X 100,000
1 X 100,000
____ X _______

Total 1,100,000

lucas
11-08-2009, 02:36 PM
I think this addresses all of your requests.

see attached.

Note: I could not get it to work without adding three labels to hold the values of mulitplying C1 and Q1 for example.

They are not visible when you run the userform and they are all stacked on top of each other at the top of the userform.