PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Problem Launching Excel from Access with CreateObject

geekgirlau
11-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Posted this problem (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29257) in the Access forum, but thought you Excel wizards might have a brilliant solution!

Bob Phillips
11-16-2009, 01:38 AM
I have no ideas to offer I am afraid, juts to add that the technique that you deploy is very standard and one that I use frequently. I have also used it with Excel 2007, but not in virtualisation, so if you do find a resolution independently, please post here as well.

geekgirlau
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
The answer appears to be something to do with the virtual installation of Access 2003. It's not a full install - there are multiple bits missing, such as the Linked Table Manager amongst other things.

As this is low priority amongst the powers that be, I have little chance of any changes being made to the virtual installation package (somewhere around the same time as hell freezing over I believe). Where you see "Solved" above, please read as "I've given up on finding a solution and will live with the far-from-arduous workaround".