PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Linking a Hyperlink (info inside)

Shaolin
04-25-2005, 07:18 AM
When I link at home, and use the copy and paste special, and when I use it at work, it doesn't work the same in one instance!

If I link a cell from one workbook to another, and that cell had a hyperlink, the hyperlink is still intact when I link it at home. But at work, the hyperlink is lost. Is there something that might effect this? I am using the exact same method, the end result is different for some reason.

Shaolin
04-25-2005, 10:51 AM
I copied a cell that reads "msn," which also has a hyperlink to www.msn.com (http://www.msn.com). Then I go to another worksheet and use the paste special and use the paste link function. Apparently the hyperlink in the new worksheet doesn't exist.

Shaolin
04-25-2005, 12:39 PM
help!!

Zack Barresse
04-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Shaolin,

The PasteLink is not what you want if you wish to retain the hyperlink. Just do a normal Paste, other wise you will only see the Text to Display and the hyperlink (as seen in the formula bar) is a formula, which links to the position of the copied cell.

Shaolin
04-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Shaolin,

The PasteLink is not what you want if you wish to retain the hyperlink. Just do a normal Paste, other wise you will only see the Text to Display and the hyperlink (as seen in the formula bar) is a formula, which links to the position of the copied cell.

firefytr,

That makes sense.

Then another issue arises. There are 32 spreadsheets linked to one master spreadsheet. So, if any changes are made of one of the 32 spreadsheets, then the master spreadsheet will also be updated. I was hoping the hyperlink will also be intact.

Is there a way so I can point to the address of a particular cell and obtain the web address it is linked, or no?