PDA

View Full Version : Hi I have a workbook with sheets named from A to Z. These sheets suport a smalboboxes

ioncila
11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi
I have a workbook with sheets named from A to Z. These sheets suport a small stocks database (the attached item shows only 4 sheets because of the upload size).

I create a userform with some combos and textboxes filled with data of each item of the database.

One of the combos (combobox5) has a list with sheet names - A, B, C, ..., Z
Second Combo (combobox3) has a list of stock itens.
Other combos and textboxes dont matter for this issue - They specify item aspects.

What I wish to do:

1. Enter new data in the appropriate sheet (selected in cbo5) if new item name (input or chosen in cbo3) begins by the letter of sheet name selected

2. Find and update existing data if item selected in cbo2 and other combos match any recorded item in the selected sheet.

(Example: cbo5 - "B" cbo3 - "Belgicast" --> Register or update data in Sheet B)

If this not too complicated, I would really appreciate some help or point some ways to do that.

Thank you very much in advance

mdmackillop
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
No attachment

ioncila
11-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry. Something with the upload.

ioncila
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Hope now is uploaded

mdmackillop
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
2. Find and update existing data if item selected in cbo2 and other combos match any recorded item in the selected sheet.

You need to be specific with regard to matching items. Only the 2 you mention?

ioncila
11-24-2009, 10:45 AM
You need to be specific with regard to matching items. Only the 2 you mention?

No, to match itens i will need most of the combo and textboxes. The attached example is supposed to show a short similar (so I thought it would be enough to mean my issue and get help and orientation to adapt to real file).

Do u need the entire userform?

Thanks