PDA

View Full Version : Calculate % change in a report

jinglebell21
04-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi there guys,

I'm having trouble to figure this one out. I want a % change between monthly sales, from 2003 to 2004. I'm attaching the db here. I'm thinking to put an unbound text box, and put its control source to do the calculations, but don't seem to know how to do it. Can someone please guide me in the right direction. The report runs on a query.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and any advice.
:hi:

OBP
04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately it is not possible to run the report as we do not have access to your remote database tables. Can you just tell us the field names that you want to compare to obtain the /% change?

jinglebell21
04-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Hi, thanks OBP for your reply. Its my fault, I thought you guys would be able to see the tables, and I understand that there's no way you can really help me without them. I will try to copy paste the tables and repost the db again.
Thanks for your response.

jinglebell21
04-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I'll try to rephrase.

I've to make a report, that will show all the sales of all the products that one particular customer bought over the span of two years. So I will have to groups, Group 1 = Customer,Group 2 = Item.
Now I want to show the sales of each item per month in 2003 from january to december, and in the second row, I want to show sales of the same item in 2004 from January to December. Then if possible I want to add a third row, and compare the % difference between the two years.

Thanks for any hints and ideas!

OBP
04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
There are a couple of ways to do this.
You could add 2 columns rather than rows with the calculation for the annual sales and then a third column for the %age calculation.
The other method is to use a second query which uses your first query for it's input where there are only two columns for annual sales and on for the %age calculation.