PDA

View Full Version : macro to edit data in worksheet

Pete
12-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Hi

Need a background macro without clickin a button spreadsheet change macro if possible to always fix the following columns......

1. What ever the user enters into columns c and d copy this into columns K and L
2. what ever the user enters into columns E and F copy this into columns G and H

3. columns K has formula column J* column C with out showing the formula in the individual cells

4. columns J has formula if columns G/E>1 correct it for 1 again with out showing the formua in individual cells

Bob Phillips
12-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I am not sure what you are asking Pete.

1 seems straight-forward, you seem to be saying, when C is updated copy it to K, ditto for D to L. But then in 3, you say K has a formula of J*C, but do you want thaty over-written by C, and what does ... with out showing the formula in the individual cells ... mean. And similalrly for 4.

Bob Phillips
12-04-2009, 08:14 AM
I am not sure what you are asking Pete.

1 seems straight-forward, you seem to be saying, when C is updated copy it to K, ditto for D to L. But then in 3, you say K has a formula of J*C, but do you want thaty over-written by C, and what does ... with out showing the formula in the individual cells ... mean. And similalrly for 4.

Pete
12-04-2009, 09:20 AM
ok xld......managed to log on

foret point 1 and 2..........just three and four

What i am saying is when u normal calculate a formula in a cell say A1 the end result will be the answer of say A1 = sum (b1+c1) when the user goes to cell a1 they see the end result and the formula dispayed....if you copy and speical paste values only cell A1 then u see only the end result....

so i was wondering if there is a way using the a change worksheet macro to compute the answer to points 3 and 4 with the formula????

3. columns K has formula column J* column C with out showing the formula in the individual cells

4. columns J has formula if columns G/E>1 correct it for 1 again with out showing the formua in individual cells