PDA

View Full Version : Field Codes - Forms Bookmark/Reference

tomlancaster
12-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi All

There is an option in Word Forms to create a dropdown selection and set the Field settings in properties to have a Bookmark reference so when I use Workd Field Codes like {REF Text1} it returns the value of what the value was in the dropdown selection.

I would like to instead of use a dropdown selection for a macro to popup a Yes No message box the user can select and saving the Yes or No value in the Bookmark reference to return in the document Field Code {REF Text1}

I've searched Google but not found anything yet so any help in doing this using VBA would be greatly appreciated!

macropod
12-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Hi tom,

It is not possible to do it the way you suggest - you can't have a cross-reference to a formfield return anything other than what is in the formfield. You can use field coding to test the formfield's contents and display something else, though. For example:
{IF{REF Dropdown1}= "Yes" "Text for Yes" "Text for No"}

The alternative, if you need a pop-up into which the user inserts 'Yes' or 'No' if the dropdown meets a certain criterion, and for that response to be captured in the document, you can use a macro to update a different boomark (ie not the bookmark attached to the dropdown) in the document.