PDA

View Full Version : Input-form for records

TPFKAS
12-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi everybody,

I am looking a way to use Excel as a simple database. Probably it would be easier to do this with access but many people don't have it.
Probably it should be quite simple to do with VB, but I have very little knowledge about this.
Here is what I want to do:
Each row is a record with in the first two columns some names (picked form a list) and the third column a time (hh:mm).
I want the data-input via a form that appears when you press a button like "New Record" or so. When the user opens that form. the user can enter the two names and the time in three fields. The names should be limited to a specified list and should auto-complete when the user types them (rather than picked form a pull-down list). After saving the entry the data should be added in the first empty row below already existing records. Also, very important, the spreadhseet itself should be saved as well after adding the new record.

Can anybody help me how to achieve this?

TIA

lucas
12-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Sure but you act like you want a complete project with lots of requirements.

Do you know how to get to the excel visual basic editor and add a userform?

There are a lot of good people here who will help you learn how to do this.

Could you post a workbook with a sample of the data?

TPFKAS
01-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Hi,
I have been trying to get back here for weeks and this is the first time I get back in... Problems with the server or traffic???

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I have been looking for help elsewhere in the meantime and found good answers to my questions.