PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Enable/Disable Macro POPUP question

Shaolin
04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
I created a backup of the excel file before sending it to clients, and they complained about a popup window asking whether they want to enable or disable macros. They didn't want that window to pop up anymore.

Next time I created a backup, deleted all the macros, saved and submitted the file, and they claimed they still get the same pop up. I don't understand how. Any inclinations?

Zack Barresse
04-28-2005, 11:01 AM
You need to remove all (Standard) Modules and take out anything inside of the worksheet/workbook modules as well.

Or you can tell them to set their Security settings to Low. (And if they complain about this popup, they deserve to have their security to low.) Do this by going to Tools (menu) | Macros | Security | (choose) Low.

Shaolin
04-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I just deleted the macros in THIS WORKSHEET btw.

what do you mean by removing all standard modules?

MOS MASTER
04-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I just deleted the macros in THIS WORKSHEET btw.

what do you mean by removing all standard modules?
Hi, :D

I think you Mean ThisWorkbook?

Anyway in the same window ThisWorkbook is in (Project Explorer/ CTRL+R)
Double klick the Sheet objects Named like: Sheet1(Sheet1) (There is one for every sheet in the book)
Remove all code in them as wel

In the Project explorer there can also be a Module section. If there is one right click on them and choose (Module name) Remove
Do that with all modules

Also there can be a Class Module section and a UserForm section in the project explorer. You can remove them in the same way a code module is removed.

If ThisWorkBook and all Sheet Objects are empty and Modules/class modules and userforms are deleted you can save and reopen you're project.

Normally the code warning should no longer be there! :whistle:

Shaolin
04-28-2005, 01:07 PM
okkie dokkie

MOS MASTER
04-28-2005, 01:18 PM
You're Welcome! :whistle:

Almost forgot...could you mark you're thread solved? :*)

Shaolin
04-28-2005, 02:03 PM
You're Welcome! :whistle:

Almost forgot...could you mark you're thread solved? :*)

done

Thanks guys

MOS MASTER
04-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Great..see yah on the next challenge! :whistle: