PDA

View Full Version : listbox.value blank while listbox.list(listindex) accurate

tpoynton
12-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Greetings - have a strange problem I am trying to understand...in the attached workbook, listbox_reasons.value is sometimes blank, while using listbox_reasons.list(listindex) displays the value correctly.

In my production workbook, I get this problem every time. In the attached sample workbook, .value was sometimes only blank every other time I loaded the userform - and I find that just plain odd! :dunno

instructions for replicating the problem are in the attached workbook.

OK...as I went to put a textbox with instructions in the workbook and re-test to make sure things worked like I thought they did, the problem disappeared...I did not change any code, just added a textbox.

and then I closed and re-opened the file, the problem re-appeared. :help

SO, if you are interested, and do not see the problem the first time, I guess try closing and re-opening the file? THANKS, tim

Bob Phillips
12-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey Tim,

I get this on (at least) one of my apps. I never did figure out why, I just learned to live with it and use List.

tpoynton
12-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks Bob, that makes me feel a lot better! I'll have to get into the habit of using list. I spent a good three hours trying to figure it out this morning; time to move on.

Bob Phillips
12-31-2009, 11:21 AM
LOL! That was exactly the conclusion I camne to after spending many hours on it.