PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Chart - Gridlines

Philcjr
12-31-2009, 09:40 PM
I have a chart that has an X axis with quarterly data by years... example: Q101, Q201, Q301, Q401...Q409

Is it possible to have all the gridlines "black" except make the gridlines for all "Q4" gridlines another color... to call out the end of the year?

Philcjr
01-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Is this even possible to do?

p45cal
01-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I think so, set up major and minor gridlines, right-click on a major one and choose Format gridlines... and set that as you will, do the same right-clicking a minor gridline. You can do this for both xy scatter and category charts.

Philcjr
01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
p45cal, thanks for the reply... I was loosing hope that this would get answered.

I have changed the color on the Major Gridlines, but I would like to know if it is possible to have all the gridlines one color except for one (or more), which would be another color... to call out the end of each year visually.

In short, I dont know if it is possible to have multiple color lines for "Gridlines" whether Major or Minor

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Phil

Philcjr
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Desired results were achieved through settings in the Chart and Gridlines formats.

First, was to set a "Time-Scale" for the preliminary (x)-axis (Chart Options - Axis Format). Second, was to set the Gridlines Scale for the "Major" units to 4, "Minor" units to 1 (Gridlines - Scale Format). By showing only the "Major" gridlines I was able to do what I needed.

All credit goes to p45cal, as I would not have figured this out... THANKS!