PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Hyperlink issue

Shaolin
04-28-2005, 08:14 PM
maybe some of you like logic, well here is an ideal one

let's say there is spreadsheet A, B and C.

A contains a column full of links

A is linked to B, then the function hyperlink is written in prior to every address
i.e. - =HYPERLINK(file-worksheet-cell address)

B is copied onto C. (by going to the paste special and selecting values)

---
Is there a way so that this logical format can work as follows?

A contains a column full of links

A is linked to B and link is maintained in B

B is copied onto C (by going to the paste special and selecting values), but the link is maintained.

I don't want to type in HYPERLINK in the function bar.

Am i making any sense? i can reiterate if needed!

Paleo
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi shaolin,

can you post a file with that? I didnt follow your explanation and maybe its easier by looking into a file.

johnske
04-29-2005, 12:11 AM
If i've got this right, Sheet B contains your data and both A and C are linked to B. Is that correct?

Shaolin
04-29-2005, 06:20 AM
If i've got this right, Sheet B contains your data and both A and C are linked to B. Is that correct?

Not quite. B is linked to A, so any changes on A is updated on B. B is then copied and pasted (values only) on C.

Paleo, check the attachment

If you look at cell A12 on A, which is a hyperlink to msn.com. When i link it to B, the hyperlink is lost. Is there a way in which I can maintain the hyperlink when it's linked?

If you look at the function bar in B I typed in HYPERLINK( ) in each cell to maintain the link, but when i did that to A12, it doesn't recognize the hyperlink. I guess when you link it only points to the address of A and not the web address A is pointed to.