PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint VBA:How to write mouseup event in design mode

prakash1221
01-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi please help me for god sake.

Can anyone give me code for reacting to mouse events in a slide in edit mode.Specifically I have a pie graph on a slide in design mode.If user increased its height then a message of the same should be displayed as

"The height is altered"

For god sake please help me.Huge thanks in advance.

-Prakash

Cosmo
01-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Pretty sure that can't be done.

Paul_Hossler
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Can you explain why you need the message to be displayed in Edit Mode?

Paul

prakash1221
01-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Hi please help, for god sake someone.

Actually this is what I want to accomplish.

I have graphs,shapes on my slide.Now when I resize them the labels get distorted which I want to be fixed for my need.So I need to call an event handler that can put the label back to the original size or I may increase their size a little bit but cannot allow them to be distorted.

Please someone suggest a workaround.It's so urgent and needed.I can even go into OS functions or DLLs to achieve that if you suggest a workaround.I thought it might be possible by writing my own class module to respond to mouse event.But can't feagure out exactly.

Please someone...

Huge thanks in advance.

-Prakash

lenourien
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
If I were you I would design an interface to use for modyfying the chart. The user would select the chart then open a user form and change the size and other attributes from there. Like that you know what's happening at all time and can react accordingly.