PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Word Table Row

nmu
01-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi,

I have a Word Table with a two rows. The title row and a so called markup row. I use it to fill data from a database to the word table by duplicating the markup row and then replace the placeholders with the values from the database. I have a working solution, where I add a new Row between the title row and the markup row and then copy the content of each Cell from the markup row to the new row. The problem with this solution is, that it's extremely slow if I have a lot of columns and/or rows. I'm pretty sure there must be another solution to duplicate a row in a word table. Sadly I wasn't able to find any good solution on Google or here in the Forum...

Does someone have an idea?

TonyJollans
01-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Difficult to comment without seeing the code.

fumei
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Indeed. Post code. If you are doing actual copy and paste, then yes that could slow things down. If you are using any Selection, that will also slow things down.

Fortunately, it is quite possible to do things without ever copying/pasting, or Selecting anything.

macropod
01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi nmu,

What you've described so far could equally be addressed via Word's mailmerge facility.