PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2007 Macro Ref Libraries

Cyberdude
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm still having problems with compile errors in Excel 2007 because (usually) ATPVBAEN can't be found. Sometimes the macro reference list shows that it's "MISSING". Explain please . . . Does "MISSING" mean that the compiler knows that what it's looking for is in ATPVBAEN, but it can't find the file on my computer??
I noticed that sometimes the name in the macro REFERENCES list has ".XLS" as the extension, and sometimes it has ".XLA". What's the difference?

Lately I've been getting compile errors when I use functions like DATE, CHR, and LEFT. These references are in old macros that have been running just fine for years in Excel 2003.
I'm finding it difficult to locate files in Windows 7. Where should ATPVBAEN be located and in 2007 what extension should it have?

Incidentally, I see that the 2010 version of Excel is available for download now.

jproffer
01-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Go to add-ins, and check the box next to "Analysis Toolpack - VBA"

Bob Phillips
01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
The Analysis Toolpak functions have been incorporated into Excel 2007, they are no longer part of an addin.

Just uncheck that MISSING item, should resolve all.

jproffer
01-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I did not know that...cool.

So having the "Analysis Toolpack - VBA" addin in use is redundant?

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-13-2010, 12:13 AM
No, it isn't redundant if your VBA code is using elements from the ATP VBA library.

jproffer
01-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Gotcha :) (I think)...so it's only redundant as far as use of functions.

Either way, I have it checked because some of the VBA projects do use it. I was just curious.

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Exactly. The stats analisys "functions" like regression and ANOVA still require the ATP.