PDA

View Full Version : MISSING: Ref Edit Control

MacDaddy
01-14-2010, 02:29 AM
Good morning everybody,

I have a small issue with a project I've developed in Excel 2007.

The file is used by several users who use a mix of Excel 2003 & 2007. Those who use 2007 don't seem to have a problem but any users who use older versions receive the message 'Compile error: Can't find project or library' when trying to run the macros in the file.

When viewing the References from the Tools menu in the editor one reference is always a problem - the Ref Edit Control which is shown as missing. If you untick the checkbox to remove the reference and save the file everything works just fine but it never seems to remember that it's not needed as the next time the file is opened it's a case of back to square one again and you have to manually remove this reference for the macros to work.

Why is this reference including itself when it is not needed and how can I remove it without it reappearing the next time the file is opened?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-14-2010, 03:19 AM
I just tried and inserted a refedit on a userform, removed the reference and saved. WHen re-opening the reference is still unchecked.
Does it get re-checked when the file is opened in 2007 by any chance?

MacDaddy
01-14-2010, 03:22 AM
Yes, now that you mention it I think the reference only reappears after it is opened again in 2007 after it has been saved by an earlier version.

Sorry I should have included that bit of information to start with.

Thanks,

Paul

Bob Phillips
01-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Uncheck it in 2007, save it, and redistribute it.